Our spine doctors at Mountain Valley Orthopedics are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of spine injuries and conditions.
The spine is a highly complex and critical component of the human body, protecting the spinal cord while offering strength, structure, and flexibility.
The spine’s ability to provide support and mobility simultaneously makes it more susceptible to injury.
Since spine injuries can affect virtually any body part, there is a wide range of conditions and injuries encompassed by spine pain, thereby causing a wide range of symptoms.
From cervical spondylotic myelopathy and cervical disc herniations to spondylolisthesis and sciatica, spine pain can be the result of a serious condition.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of spine pain, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible before your spine injury or condition worsens.
- Pain that radiates from the neck to the arm/hand
- Pain that radiates from the back to the leg/foot
- Pain that increases in the back, leg, or foot with standing or walking and is relieved by sitting
- Pain following heavy lifting, especially if you have osteoporosis
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the arms or legs
- Nerve or dexterity problems in the arms and hands
- Numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Weakness in a specific area of the leg or arm
- If associated with incontinence, go to the emergency room
Our spine doctors at Mountain Valley Orthopedics understand that damage to the spinal cord is not only disruptive, but also potentially devastating to those affected. Spine conditions and injuries should be examined by a spine specialist for prompt and proper diagnosis.
To consult with a spine doctor at Mountain Valley Orthopedics in East Stroudsburg, Tobyhanna, Brodheadsville, or Milford, please request an appointment online or call (570) 421-7020.
Why choose Mountain Valley Orthopedics?
Our spine surgeons at Mountain Valley Orthopedics have completed additional training, specifically in the back, neck, and spine. With this advanced training, Dr Frederick Barnes, Dr. Maurizio Cibischino, Dr. Roger Componovo, Dr. Gregory Menio, Dr. John Paglia, and Dr. Allister Williams, have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your spine injury or condition individually to your needs.
To consult with a spine surgeon at Mountain Valley Orthopedics in East Stroudsburg, Tobyhanna, Brodheadsville, or Milford, please request an appointment online or call (570) 421-7020.