Join Our Team
At Mountain Valley Orthopedics, we know that our employees are our best assets when it comes to providing exceptional orthopedic care to our patients. It's for this reason that we are dedicated to hiring the most qualified staff to uphold our standards of care.
If you are interested in applying for a career at Mountain Valley Orthopedics, please see the full listing of our current employment opportunities below.
Mountain Valley Orthopedics is looking for a experienced Full Time Clinical Coordinator who has a minimum of 3 years of experience with a current and valid Clinical Certification. As the Clinical Coordinator, you will manage the Clinical and Medical Assistants in multiple locations and will collaborate with the Doctors, Practice Administrator and the managers of the other departments.
- Assist the Doctors in maintaining and maximizing patient care and patient experience.
- Demonstrates expertise in areas of clinical practice.
- Independent management of clinical staff to include but not limited to: maintaining and supervising daily office operations, clinical duties, training and competency.
- Oversees Clinical department including Clinical and Medical Assistants.
- Develops, evaluates, and adjusts current and future staffing based upon patient care needs; initiates adjustments as needed.
- Assigns responsibility for patient care.
- Manages clinical inventory and ordering procedures.
- Troubleshoots problems as they arise on a daily basis.
- Speaks to patients with clinical care concerns.
- Assist in hiring for open positions for all clinical staff .
- Assists with staff education activities (i.e. orientation, competency, skill reviews In-servicing, evaluation of student clinical placements.)
- Completes introductory period and annual performance reviews of assigned staff.
- Completes employee performance improvement or disciplinary action assigned staff.
- Consistently fosters a positive work environment.
- Takes active role in unit-based performance improvement programs.
- Functions as a professional role model and resource person providing guidance to co-workers.
- Complies with established chain of command for work-related problems.
- Assists with maintenance of departmental records for OSHA and CLIA.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred Management in an Orthopedic Clinical office.
- Clinical Certification with management experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft office. (Work, Excel, Outlook)
Mountain Valley is seeking a Full Time Certified Medical Assistant as a Clinical Assistant for a busy Orthopedic practice with offices in East Stroudsburg, Tobyhanna, and Brodheadsville. The ideal candidate will be CCMA, RMA, CMA, with at least one year of clinical and administrative experience. Any offer to employment will be contingent on background check and valid certification. Please see below for duties you will be expected to perform.
- EMR entry or medical history and rooming patients.
- Scheduling surgeries at the hospital and ambulatory surgical center.
- Obtaining prior authorizations for surgeries.
- Answering patients calls regarding medical treatment, surgeries, etc.
- Assist with diagnostic scheduling.
- Preparation/assist physician with injections/ aspirations to be done by the physician.
- Completing surgery and patient forms (FMLA, etc)
- Assist physician with casting/splinting.
- Cast removal; cast reinforcement, suture/staple removal.
- Computer set up to view PACS.
- Completion of computer generated orders for patient, referrals, physical therapy, DME, work notes and visco-supplementation.
- Proper completion of billing paperwork for DME and visco-supplementation as dispensed by physician.
- Appearance and cleanliness of exam rooms. Replenish supplies to all rooms.
- Maintain equipment i.e.: cast saw. Also, keeps all instruments sterilized on a daily basis.
- Disposes of contaminated and disposable items.
- When necessary, assists in the review of patient charts (reading charts) for upcoming appointments to assure all necessary reports are available for physician review.
- Rotation to the Tobyhanna and Brodheadsville office as needed.
- Assists other staff members in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Compliance with HIPAA, OSHA Regulations.
Certified Athletic Trainer
Mountain Valley Orthopedics is seeking a Full Time Certified Athletic Trainer or Certified Orthotic Fitter to work in the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Department.
Educate, measure and fit patients for custom and off-the-shelf braces for all extremities, custom orthotics, AFO/MAFOs, crutches, walkers, etc. Educate and instruct patients on home exercise programs and gait training for ambulatory equipment. The athletic trainer will be required to travel between East Stroudsburg, Tobyhanna and Brodheadsville locations with rotating one Saturday morning per month.
Additional Physician Extender Responsibilities:
If the applicant is a Certified Orthopedic Physician Extender (OPE-C), there is potential to work as a OPE-C with 1-2 physicians.
Qualifications and Skills:
Required: Current BOC Certification (ATC) or Certified Orthotic Fitter (COF)
Required: Current Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine License (LAT)
Required: Current CPR and AED Certification
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's Degree and/or OPE-Certification
Professional and positive attitude.
Ability to work as a team player.
Excellent communication skills-need to effectively communicate with physicians, patients, and co-workers.
Flexibility with last minute doctors schedule changes.
Ability to lift more than 15 pounds.
$600/year for Continuing Education
4 Uniforms Tops/year
Mountain Valley is seeking a Full Time Certified MRI Technologist for a busy Orthopedic practice. The successful candidate will be licensed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. The person in this role will be able to perform the following:
Performs MRI's as requested by the physicians.
Responsible for checking imaging orders, special instructions, and office visit notes.
Responsible for checking metal screening sheets for maintaining MRI safety and checking implants before each MRI scan.
Maintains daily preventative maintenance on the MRI equipment including testing lead aprons.
Importing and burning CD's to/from PAC's
Obtain pre-certifications for MRI studies.
Completing imaging authorizations
Scheduling of all outside referred MVO MRI appointments.
Billing of all MRI procedures.
Compliance with HIPPA, OSHA, and Red Flag Rules.
Must possess valid certification.
Coverage as necessary for the East Stroudsburg and West End offices.
- Paid Time Off (Accrued)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays After 90 Days
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan After 1 Year of Employment