Hip pain can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as bursitis and arthritis, or of a recent hip injury, such as a hip fracture or hip dislocation.
In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as hip bursitis and hip arthritis may create extreme bone and joint discomfort, making surgery a credible option for relieving your hip pain.
The most frequent causes for pain in the hip can be related to an orthopedic condition that has emerged over time.
Signs and symptoms of hip pain include:
- Joint pain felt in the front of the hip, along the outside of the hip, in the groin, or over the buttock area
- Discomfort and swelling in the thigh and knee
- Joint inflammation or hip muscle spasms, which may cause fluid accumulation in the hip joint
- Limping or the inability to walk comfortably on the affected side
- Inability to bend or rotate the hip
- Soreness and the feeling of the hip throbbing while sleeping or resting
- Fever, redness, and warmth—which are signs of infection
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, you may have a hip condition, such as hip osteoarthritis, hip bursitis, hip arthritis, or an injury like a fractured hip, dislocated hip, hip flexor injury, or labral tear.
For some patients with hip osteoarthritis or a fractured hip, surgical treatment may be required. If nonsurgical methods are unsuccessful or no longer produce the desired results, your surgeon may recommend a hip replacement surgery to restore your hip joint and allow you to return to your favorite activities without pain.
At Mountain Valley Orthopedics, we understand that pain in the hip can make everyday tasks difficult. To consult with a hip doctor at Mountain Valley Orthopedics in East Stroudsburg, Tobyhanna, or Brodheadsville, please request an appointment online or call (570) 421-7020.
Why choose Mountain Valley Orthopedics?
Our hip surgeons at Mountain Valley Orthopedics have completed additional training specifically in the hip. With this advanced training, Dr. Frederick Barnes, Dr. Maurizio Cibischino, Dr. Roger Componovo, Dr. Gregory Menio, Dr. John Paglia, Dr. Brian Powers, and Dr. Allister Williams have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your hip injury or condition individually to your needs.